In 2019, the Kitsilano Community Centre hosted Wonders of the Salish Sea. See details and poster below. Like every year, the 2019 program offered new topics and speakers.
- The Salish Sea – A Sense of Place. Dr. Florian Graner
- Oceanography 101 and Plankton Dynamics. Dr. Brian Hunt
- So close, So special, Atl’ka7tsem/Howe Sound. Ruth Simons
- Geology of the Salish Sea Landscape. Dr. Eileen Van der Flier Keller
- Transient or “Bigg’s” Killer Whales. Joan Lopez
- Restoration of Freshwater Ecosystems. Dr. Ken Ashley
- People of the Inlet – Tsleil-Waututh History of Burrard Inlet. Carleen Thomas
- Kelp Forest Collapse and Recovery. Dr. Jenn Burt
- Climate Change Narratives that Inspire. Grace Nosek
- A Guided Walk through Jericho Beach Park. Jericho Stewardship Group
- Exploration of the Amazing World in the Intertidal Zone. Marine naturalists.
Location: Kitsilano Community Centre
Dates: Wednesdays, April 10 – May 8 from 7 to 9 PM. Saturdays, April 13 from 10 AM to 12 noon, and May 4 from 11 AM to 1 PM.
Cost: $50 for 7 sessions Ages 17+
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau